Last Updated 31st October 2017
- Personal Information We collect personal information from you in various ways, for example:
- when you join the ED as a life member;
- if you supply personal information when using the Website;
- when you supply personal details in the course of registering for an event;
- when you sign-up to receive newsletters or email notifications from us;
- if you order any merchandise; and/or
- if you raise a question or issue with us.
The type of personal information we collect includes your name, email address, home (or work) address, phone number and other personal details which you may choose to provide or of which we may otherwise become aware by virtue of it being publicly available.
- Use of Personal Data [Personal data is used by us for the following purposes in accordance with your rights under applicable law]:
- to keep you informed of news and upcoming events;
- providing you with access to the Website as well as administering or developing Website features or content and/or
- where you have agreed to take part in a survey or research.
We may also contact you for other purposes that you consent to from time to time.
- Legal Obligations We collect and process your Personal Data in observance of applicable laws that regulate data protection and privacy. This includes, but is not limited to, the UK Data Protection Act 1998 which will be replaced on 25 May 2018 by the EU General Data Protection Regulation (2016/679) and other UK privacy legislation.
- Disclosing Personal Data to Third Parties We never sell, trade or rent, or otherwise disclose Personal Data.
- No International Transfers Personal Data will be processed by staff, volunteers and contractors who are based at our offices in the UK and Personal Data will not be transferred outside the UK.
- Your Data Access Rights In accordance with your legal rights under applicable law, you can request to receive information regarding the Personal Data that we collect about you; what we use that Personal Data for and who it may be disclosed to.
Please write to our data protection officer at the email address in the ‘Contact’ section below.
Where applicable law allows, we may request a fee to cover our administrative expenses in responding and may also require further information to verify your identity or locate the specific information you seek before we can respond in full.
- Security to Protect Personal Data We employ appropriate technical and organisational security measures to protect Personal Data from being accessed by unauthorised persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage. We also endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect Personal Data from external threats. However, please be aware that there are always inherent risks in sending information by public networks or using public computers and we cannot 100% guarantee the security of all data disclosed or transmitted to us.
- Data Retention We will retain certain Personal Data in respect of financial transactions for as long as the law requires us to for tax or accounting purposes (which in the UK may be up to 6 years after a particular transaction).
- Contact If you have further queries or requests relating to how we use Personal Data please contact our data protection officer at (email: [email protected]). If, following our response, you are still not satisfied or believe we are processing your Personal Data not in accordance with applicable law you can raise your concern or complaint with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office – for more information on this, see https://ico.org.uk/concerns/